Sunday, August 12, 2012

Urban Sketching in Chicago

It was a great surprise, this city. I had never been there before, but I immediately loved it. And I even could imagine myself living there.
The absolute highlight was the Urban Sketching Evening.
We had a great table just free for us, in front of the BEAN, a great and Big Chicago sculpture.
The wheather and the light were just perfect.
Alex, a Chicago based Urban Sketcher I had contacted before going to Chicago organized an event and invited the USK of Chicago. We started with a group of 5 and then we were 10, because a group of children joined us and started drawing with us too. This was magic.
Thank you Alex, for this beautiful birthday present!


Urban Sketchers: Alex, Me, LuEllen, Martha and Barbara! 



 And here are the results:




 Here is Alex's beautiful post of our evening in the USK Chicago Blog: http://urbansketchers-chicago.blogspot.de/

And here is Barbara's post of our meeting!
http://barbaraweeks.blogspot.de/2012/08/more-summer-in-city.html


1 comment:

  1. Excellent sketches Mimi! Glad you had such a great time in Chicago. I recently visited Chicago too and had a great time sketching. Love your "Bean" sketch! All four of these sketches are nicely done!

    ReplyDelete