In 2007, exactly at the time when I lost my dear Opa, I started sketching again in a very intense way. Sketching was a way of pain relief for my loss at that time and it has turned into a habit of relaxation and even meditation in a way, almost every day, at least every week.
Until this year. No post since April, almost no sketch since then and until September.
My mind and my body were buzy with something big (I am pregnant and expecting a baby girl very soon :-)) ) and there was simply no way to get enough energy to sketch. This felt a bit scary but at the same time deep inside I knew that I could not loose the passion of sketching and painting, this had to be temporary.
In September the Eutin Urban Sketchers organized the annual USK Germany meet up and very early I decided that I would go there, at least try.
That was the moment when I reconnected with sketching, I am very glad I did go, a post about that meeting will follow.
I recently had to make some space and I flipped through some of my sketchbooks of the last years. The picture below is a small a selection.
Sketches are such a wonderful way to keep special moments, I felt really glad that I had recorded my life in such a way.
I am curious about the picture of sketchbooks I will have in ten years from now.
Until this year. No post since April, almost no sketch since then and until September.
My mind and my body were buzy with something big (I am pregnant and expecting a baby girl very soon :-)) ) and there was simply no way to get enough energy to sketch. This felt a bit scary but at the same time deep inside I knew that I could not loose the passion of sketching and painting, this had to be temporary.
In September the Eutin Urban Sketchers organized the annual USK Germany meet up and very early I decided that I would go there, at least try.
That was the moment when I reconnected with sketching, I am very glad I did go, a post about that meeting will follow.
I recently had to make some space and I flipped through some of my sketchbooks of the last years. The picture below is a small a selection.
Sketches are such a wonderful way to keep special moments, I felt really glad that I had recorded my life in such a way.
I am curious about the picture of sketchbooks I will have in ten years from now.
Congratulations Miriam !! Estás preparando tu mejor obra, pero pronto recuperarás la energía para dibujar.
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias Marisa, así es :-)
DeleteEs war bestimmt sehr wichtig Deine Kraft zu bündeln und voll in Deine Schwangerschaft zu stecken. Schön, dass Du zu Deiner Leidenschaft, dem Zeichnen, zurück gefunden hast. Und vielleicht sehen wir bald auch ein paar Skizzen von Deinem kleinen Mädchen. <3 Jutta
ReplyDeleteDanke Dir liebe Jutta! Ich bin gespannt wie sie aussieht und ob sie sich zeichnen lässt :-) Alles Gute und bis bald hoffentlich!
Delete