Sunday, August 19, 2012

August in Dannenberg

From my birth until today I think I have not spent one single August without going to my Grandparent's place, Dannenberg. When I was a child the summer holiays in Dannenberg were the best part of the year...
Living in Germany gives me the opportunity to go and see my Oma more often than only once a year but for much shorter periods. This time I spent only a few days and did only a few sketches, despite the sun and the beauty of this little town.
  This is the market place with the Italian La Bottega di Lina. Illy Caffè makes it certainly the best cappucino in town!


This is the view from a very cozy place called Café Ambiente! It is a shop and a café at the same time.


But actually, what I most like in this region of Northern Germany is the nature and the landscapes.
One friend of mine, Beate, has a very beautiful house in Volkfien, a village nearby. Each time I am in Dannenberg, I try to go there by bike, this time I managed to sketch the landscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment