It's been a while since my last post and I am sorry about that... fortunately, this does not mean that I have not sketched... I simply just did not take the time to post my sketchers (outside of Instagram), there are a couple of posts that I owe you.
I have had a really sketchfull spring and summer, and I need to say that I am very thankful to my husband, my parents and my parents in law who have taken care of my baby while I was able to sketch!
The big events were Liège and Porto.
I went to a sketcher's meeting in Liège organized by USK Belgium which was absolutely fantastic (next post!) and I went to Porto to sketch with 800 (!) Sketchers from around the world.
The first post about this trip to Porto was a shared one with my dear Karo, Co-Admin of Urban Sketchers Munich and can be read on the blog of Urban Sketchers Munich here: https://urbansketchersmunich.blogspot.com/2018/08/usk-symposium-in-porto.html
Before the symposium started, I spent a couple of days with my friends Soizic and Gwen sketching in cafés and around Porto and just enjoying... no time pressure, no appointments, only enjoying sketching and our friendship... this was fabulous!
I have had a really sketchfull spring and summer, and I need to say that I am very thankful to my husband, my parents and my parents in law who have taken care of my baby while I was able to sketch!
The big events were Liège and Porto.
I went to a sketcher's meeting in Liège organized by USK Belgium which was absolutely fantastic (next post!) and I went to Porto to sketch with 800 (!) Sketchers from around the world.
The first post about this trip to Porto was a shared one with my dear Karo, Co-Admin of Urban Sketchers Munich and can be read on the blog of Urban Sketchers Munich here: https://urbansketchersmunich.blogspot.com/2018/08/usk-symposium-in-porto.html
Before the symposium started, I spent a couple of days with my friends Soizic and Gwen sketching in cafés and around Porto and just enjoying... no time pressure, no appointments, only enjoying sketching and our friendship... this was fabulous!
This sketch was made at Largo de Sao Joao Novo in the center of Porto, from the apartment my friends were staying. I love the hanging clothes.
This unfinished sketch was made in three different moments, and still it was not enough to complete it.... I need to go back to this beautiful train station again! Overwhelming.
There are also some unfinished and uncolored sketch in my sketchbook but I decided to keep them as they are...
Igreja Santo Ildefonso
Torre dos Clerigos
Catedral da Sé breakfast with an espresso and a delicious pastel de nada!
Evening gathering with Martine at Café do Mais
The church Sao Pedro de Miragaia
some of our daily companions!
A very nice moment I spent with Ludivine at Largo da Pena Ventosa!
An Art Nouveau building in the same street that the fabulous Livraria Lello
and last but not least a collection of some of the beautiful azulejos...
Needless to say: I love Portugal! To me certainly one of the most sketchable countries I have been to.














No comments:
Post a Comment