We were lucky to have been on vacation a few weeks before the lockdown. Taking the time to scan my sketches from these wonderful 2 weeks in Lanzarote was a true delight, especially now knowing that traveling will not be possible for a little while.
This was my second time in Canary Islands, the first one was in February 2017 in Fuerteventura (here are the corresponding posts: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3).
I was really needing vacation and I loved Lanzarote. The island touched me a lot more than expected and also more than Fuerteventura had. One of the first spots we visited was the foundation of Cesar Manrique. I did not really know about him and I was flashed by his life, his architecture, the way he integrated nature into his art. The second thing that touched me were the local Urban Sketchers, wonderful people. I had the luck to meet them in El Charco of Arrecife and we spent an incredible afternoon.
I filled a beautiful Concertina Sketchbook made by my friend Ludivine (check her out here)
Eva has gifted me this list with all the spots that have to be visited on the island.
As for every longer vacation spent with Lina I did a little A6 travel diary for Lina later. She participated for the first time :-). I will post of few sketches on my next post about Lanzarote.
Stay healthy and keep sketching at home (#uskathome)!




Merci Miri, c'est magnifique!!!
ReplyDelete