Sunday, February 12, 2017

Fuerteventura - Part 1

In this post, I would like to show you some of the wonderful beaches of the south of the island Fuerteventura. I just spent one week there sketching everyday. The color of the water is as incredible as it may appear in these sketches... really.


The Canary Island Archipelago - to know where we are in the Atlantic, Fuerteventura is just between Lanzarote up north and Gran Canaria in the center.

This is a sketch of the island Fuerteventura, we stayed in the south east of the Island, a bit south of Costa Calma, at Los Gorriones. 


Sometimes the weather was cloudy, but this did not have any impact on the blue green color of the sea. This beach is called Playa Esmeralda... reflects well the color of its water.

This is my first sketch of Malnombre, a very beautiful lonely beach south of Gorriones. I went there three times in a week... 


Some courageous people went swimming but for me the wind and the water temperature were still too low, no problem, more time for sketching! 


2 comments: