This year's long holidays destination was Andalucia. We visited 5 cities in 10 days and it was amazing. I took as much time as I could to sketch and I am glad I could sketch as much as I did. I noticed that sketching every day really helps to get faster and to catch things differently.
Our first destination was Malaga.
I tried out some new techniques I learnt at the USK Symposium in Paraty this year, as for example trying to put a whole day into one page through boxes. Also the use of a limited palette of colors was challenging but fun.
One of my favorite plants are the one on the bottom right of the left page.
Here I am sketching it at the Malaga Alcazaba:
And, at least half of my sketches remained colorless because of time. So I could train my lines and sketching quickly.
This is the market of Malaga which is actually full of colors and beautiful fruits, vegetables and fishes.


It is a delight to see my city through your eyes on those beautiful sketches, Miriam! But it would have been even better to share some sketching time with you. Please write next time :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for capturing so well those familiar places!