The Sketchcrawl, invented by Enrico Casarosa from California many years ago is something I discovered only at the beginning of last year and it increased a lot my motivation and the frequency of my sketching activities. Since then, I enjoy a lot sketching with others.
The idea is that every 3 months one day is announced on www.sketchcrawl.com and via the forum everywhere in the world, sketchers set up meeting points in their citites to spend one entire day sketching. After having met, photos of sketchers and scans of sketches are shared on the forum and this allows people to see what their fellow sketchers on the other side of the world have been doing during that same day. That is really great.... I have been to the Munich Sketchcrawl several times, this gave me the opportunity to meet people that share the same passion with whom I went sketching several times outside of the official worldwide sketchcrawls.
Now that I am in Brussels, I went to the Brussels Sketchcrawl, which also was a very nice event. We were 7 people in total, I met great sketchers and had a lot of fun. We went to the Music Instruments Museum in Brussels. A great Art Nouveau building, the view from the last floor is splendid over Brussels.
This museum is a great place for sketches.
Here are the sketchers:
The Music Instruments:
And the view, which reveals a little bit the nice architecture of the building. View on the Church of the Palais Royal.
This day was really nice.
The idea is that every 3 months one day is announced on www.sketchcrawl.com and via the forum everywhere in the world, sketchers set up meeting points in their citites to spend one entire day sketching. After having met, photos of sketchers and scans of sketches are shared on the forum and this allows people to see what their fellow sketchers on the other side of the world have been doing during that same day. That is really great.... I have been to the Munich Sketchcrawl several times, this gave me the opportunity to meet people that share the same passion with whom I went sketching several times outside of the official worldwide sketchcrawls.
Now that I am in Brussels, I went to the Brussels Sketchcrawl, which also was a very nice event. We were 7 people in total, I met great sketchers and had a lot of fun. We went to the Music Instruments Museum in Brussels. A great Art Nouveau building, the view from the last floor is splendid over Brussels.
This museum is a great place for sketches.
Here are the sketchers:
Here are our materials :
And here are my sketchesThe Music Instruments:
The Saxophones:
Some old music instruments from Romania:
This day was really nice.
Bravo pour vos sketchs, c'est une bonne idée de photographier aussi le matériel.
ReplyDeleteIt's not possible to translate your comments in french ?
J. CIGARA
Bonjour Jerôme, merci beaucoup pour vos commentaires supers sympas, ça fait très plaisir! Je vous explique pourquoi je n'écris mes commentaires sur ce blog qu'en anglais (les commentaires sur les sketchs par contre, sont, la plupart du temps en français!): ma famille et mes amis sont éparpillés partout dans le monde et la langue la plus simple pour que tout le monde comprenne c'est vraiment l'anglais. SI j'écris en français, alors je devrais aussi écrire en allemand, en arabe, en espagnol, en portugais, etc... pas possible malheureusement. Si vous avez des questions spécifiques, je peux essayer d'y répondre avec plaisir. Merci encore! A bientôt, Miriam
Deletegreat idea! I can see you had loads of fun. and your sketches are stunning as always:-)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Cris, yes that day was great and I met some new people with the same passion!
Delete