Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Jardin Majorelle, Marrakech

I could spend entire days in this garden without ever getting bored... I like, no I adore every corner,  every contrast, every nuance of blue and green, red and yellow... I stayed in Marrakech one night just to go to this place for a couple of hours before taking the train to Rabat to see my family.

These are the sketches I did there:

This special blue, they even call it "Bleu Majorelle"... I met the guy who paints the walls and he accepted to paint one of the pages of my sketchbook:


 Then I went to the coffe Shop "Café Majorelle", where I had my first Noss Noss, half coffee half milk...


After that I ordered a mint tea...   and while seeing me sketching the garçon asked me to sketch him, which I did of course.




2 comments:

  1. Quel magnifique endroit et quel magnifique royaume, je partage entièrement votre attirance pour ce lieu.....Et bravo pour vos sketchs
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Jerôme! Je pense que c'est un de mes endroits préférés au Maroc, une vraie oasis de couleurs et de paix... je pourrais passer des journées entières dans ce petit univers sans jamais m'ennuyer.

      Delete