Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sketching Berlin

Berlin is a breathtaking city. I spent the easter weekend there with my family and did a 3-days workshop with Katrin Merle. The weather couldn't have been better, blue sky, great temperatures (except on Monday when the wind was a bit cold) I sketched around 15 hours in total and got a lot of new impulses and ideas and inspiration! I hope to be able to integrate them into my sketching habits.

First sketch: a stand at Arminiusmarkthalle in Moabit after a few warming up exercices such as one line drawing and bling contoure drawings. 
The Arminius market hall is a place full of interesting details. 


One of the corners of Arminiusmarkthalle in the afternoon and a zoom on one of the doors 

One the second day our subject was the Berliner Dom. We sketched it many different times with different techniques. I should definitely sketch complex buildings or views more than once in order to look and see properly.  Here: color before line. 

This is probably my favorit sketch of this trip: I felt very loose and free thanks to an abstract and random color basis underneath. 

Another great place in Berlin, a bit quiet if compared to the touristic places: Heckmann Höfe. 

Last morning at the Kulturbrauerei with a lesson on values and shadows. 
and a last little sketch about a café scene and compostion.

And here is a picture of me sketching the Berliner Dom, taken by Katrin Merle. 


I am feeling very grateful for such a beautiful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment