As already mentioned in my last post, Eutin was the place where I could reconnect with sketching after several months. The Urban Sketchers Germany meet up happened in the first week end of September and this was the third one after Darmstadt in 2015 and Munich last year.
I stayed in a little hotel that I can absolutely recommend, I would even travel back to Eutin just for that hotel, "Das Kleine Hotel"... very charming.
This gorgeous and colorful armchair was in my room, actually I had two of them!

I am regularly using this technique up to now and am very grateful to JP for his workshop.
I stayed in a little hotel that I can absolutely recommend, I would even travel back to Eutin just for that hotel, "Das Kleine Hotel"... very charming.
This gorgeous and colorful armchair was in my room, actually I had two of them!
I also sketched the café of the hotel, this time on toned paper, which was a gift in the very generous goodie back!
I got the inspiration for sketching on toned paper in Jan Philip Schwarz's fabulous workshop (his work here) about creating more depth and structure with white on toned paper. White watercolor would always be the first color together with black I would ban from newly bought watercolor palettes but this workshop gave me a new approach and I enjoyed it very much.
Here are the results of the sketches I made during the workshop:

I enjoyed this technique so much that I did another sketch on the train on my way back.





No comments:
Post a Comment