Friday, July 31, 2015

Urban Sketching in Lisboa during the annual USK Symposium

Last week was the annual Urban Sketchers Symposium. It took place in Singapore and the decision not to go was not easy to take. The 2 symposiums I have participated in, in Barcelona in 2013 and in Paraty 2014 have truly been incredible in terms of inspiration. Singapore is far away, the weather very hot and humid, so I decided to skip this year but to go elsewhere exclusively to sketch instead, at the very same time. My sketcher friend Nathalia from Rio happened to be in Lisbon during that period, so I thought this would be a great opportunity to spend some time together.


My palette and some of the tools for the trip sketched during the flight from Munich to Lisbon:

First place to sketch : Praca do Comercio. 

This is only half of the view, the other side of the page was o Tejo with the red bridge. 



Rua das Chagas :

That were most of the sketches of the first day. 
Already after one day I felt relaxed and very happy to spend the whole day sketching in one of the most beautiful cities I know. 



5 comments:

  1. Ganz tolle Zeichnungen! Ich freu mich schon auf Sonntag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me hubiera encantado estar allí contigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momentos especiais guardados nas suas lindas aquarelas! Saudades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you have to lose the plane, and get back home a day after. It was a pleasure to meet you (shortly), and I regret myself not to have a look into your amazing sketchbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisbon looks like a lovely place to sketch! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete