Saturday, September 20, 2014

Urban Sketchers Symposium Nr.5 -Paraty- Part 2

This post is about the workshops I did at the Symposium this year.
First of all I was much more prepared this year than I was last year. I felt that I could really take much more out of the workshops in the sense that I was accepting and prepared to get pushed outside of my comfort zone and my first objective was to accept that challenge and not to draw or paint beautiful sketches. 

My first workshop was with Lynne Chapman (her blog: http://lynnechapman.blogspot.com) called "Afraid of Color". I know I am not afraid of color, on the contrary, but it was really nice to get inputs of how to use color differently than I usually do.
There are the results of this workshop: 

The result is completely different from what I usually do. 

The second workshop was with Nina Johannson, one (if not the one) of my favorite Urban Sketchers and the title was "In The Mood". This workshop was a great enrichment because it helped me to understand how one can influence the mood of a sketch or reflect the actual mood of the place by using colors, lines, texture in different ways. 


 





The third workshop was held by Emma Fitzgerald and it was about frames "you've been framed" was the topic. We received different worlds and we had to sketch little scenes that show the words.


And the last workshop was with  Urban Sketcher William Cordero. The topic was about how to build up a story of a place by composing with boxes. That was really fun because it showed us how to implement different activities disconnected from each other from one same place into one same sketch, having the background as a connector.



I absolutely enjoyed this symposium, every minute of it.
The people I met and remet, the instructors, the extraordinary organization by the hosts Fernanda Vaz de Campos and Eduardo Bajzek and the USK Board - thank you for the unforgettable symposium in the country of my heart - Brazil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment