Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Monasterio Santa Catalina, Arequipa

Santa Catalina is probably the most beautiful place in Arequipa: an old monastery, a kind of city in the city. A peaceful place, calm, quiet, relaxing, plus the kind of places where every corner deserves a sketch.
The entrance to Santa Catalina is expensive: 35 Soles (around 12 Euros).
I had the idea to write to the management of Santa Catalina to ask them for a special price in order to allow me to sketch there more often. I knew I would not have the time to go there one entire day to sketch all I want to sketch. I received an immediate positive response: they agreed to offer me a special weekly price to allow me to go there as often as I want to sketch. THANK YOU LOURDES for that!

Last week I went there during my lunch breaks almost every day for one peaceful hour of sketching. Sketching there feels like a deep meditation.





The colours remember Marrakech, maybe the reason why this place is so inspiring to me? 

3 comments:

  1. Genau, das könnte alles Marrakech sein, die Farben.... ganz tolle Bilder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miriam!
    I just stumbled upon your beautiful sketches!
    I've been following the Urban Sketschers blog for a while. I recently relocated back to Munich and wondering whether there are Urban Sketchers meetings here or anything of that sort?

    x Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks a lot for your message! We don t have an official urban sketchers group in munich "yet" (hopefully soon!) but yes, we do meet from time to time to sketch together! Next bigger meeting is on March 23rd at 11 at Stadtmuseum! Would be great to see you there! Otherwise send me an email please (miri713@yahoo.de) and I will let you know the other spontaneous meetings, ok? Cheers.

      Delete